Company Manager International Tour
Michael Cassel Group is seeking to recruit an experienced Company Manager to lead the international tour of the world’s #1 musical, Disney’s The Lion King.
- Flexible commencement date.
- Tour currently in South Korea and will continue to Taiwan, Thailand, Hong Kong and beyond.
- Benefits include return flights home between each engagement, health and travel insurance, as well as per diems plus accommodation
To be successful in this challenging and exciting role, you will have experience as a Company Manager or Deputy Company Manager in large scale productions, preferably with international touring experience. You will have had direct responsibility for managing many people and personality types and working with differing cultural expectations.
You will have the attention to detail to ensure all administration tasks are completed as required, effectively executing payroll, insurance, policies, finance and administration tasks.
The Company Manager, working with the Company Management team, is crucial to the success of the production. As Company Manager, you must be capable of working independently, but you will have the backing and support of industry leaders in our production office based in Sydney. You may also be given the opportunity to spend time in Sydney during the course of your employment.
Apply Now Position Description Send To a Friend
There are currently no positions available.
Please visit regularly for future opportunities and visit our LinkedIn page for future postings.
Special Effects Technician
Michael Cassel Group is seeking to recruit an exceptional, experienced Special Effects Technician to work on one of our productions in Melbourne, Australia.
To be successful in this exciting role, you will have significant experience working with special effects on large scale productions. You will have had direct responsibility for and experience working with the following:
- Advanced experience in the operation, programming and maintenance of liquid flame systems; gas flame systems; electronic firing systems and Galaxis™ firing systems.
- Advanced experience in the use of special effects in close proximity to cast, crew and general public.
- Experience in the handling, storage, and use of high pressure compressed gases and dangerous goods including both gases (nitrogen, propane) and liquids (flammable, toxic, corrosive, carcinogenic).
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of risk management including the use of appropriate PPE and management techniques to protect both users and bystanders from hazards associated with the use dangerous goods and flame systems.
- Training in fire-fighting and fire suppression.
- First aid training including emergency burns treatment and management.
- Moderate/entry level experience in live theatre.
The Special Effects Technician, in addition to their duties relating to the daily upkeep and operation of all special effects systems and equipment, will also support the mechanist department, assisting with the day-to-day staging requirements of the production, including performance duties.
This position requires an extraordinary attention to detail, an ability to manage complex systems with high levels of risk, and to work calmly and effectively in a high-pressure, collaborative environment.
To be successful in this role we would expect that you have had a minimum 2 years working with special effects.
This is a full time, award position, for a run-of-play term, commencing in October 2018.
Applications close on 30 July 2018.
Apply Now View Position Description Send To a Friend