There are currently no positions available.
Please visit regularly for future opportunities and visit our LinkedIn page for future postings.
Michael Cassel Group is seeking to recruit an exceptional, experienced Production Administrator to support the international tour of the world’s #1 musical, Disney’s The Lion King.
- Very strong administration skills – laser eye for detail
- Expertise in managing budgets and payroll
- Superior people skills – negotiating, managing, supporting
To be successful in this challenging and exciting role, you will have significant experience in Production Administration in large scale productions, ideally with international touring experience. You will have had direct responsibility for juggling demanding and time sensitive priorities, without losing focus on critical compliance and creative protocols.
The Production Administrator will support the Associate Producer to manage the day-to-day requirements of the Production, and be the central point of information gathering and dissemination. This position will also assist manage the operations of the preparation, planning, organisation and implementation of the tours. Critically, this position will ensure that the first class standard of
each production is maintained and delivered daily.
You must have the attention to detail to ensure all administration tasks are completed as required, effectively executing payroll, insurance, policies, finance and administration tasks. You will continuously drive the production forward, ensuring no deadlines are missed, and all parties are held accountable for delivery of agreed actions.
Duties will include
- Managing the logistics of the tour including freight, plus travel arrangements for all touring parties plus immigration requirements.
- Liaising with the production team, both local and international, to ensure continual communication on production and show quality issues.
- Managing the establishment, implementation and running of the production requirements (scheduling, timelines, arrangements)
- Developing ongoing relationships with Disney
- Implementing efficient systems and reports to streamline communication and project planning
- Negotiating and issuing employment contracts
- Ensuring effective flow of communication regarding all aspects of the production and facilitating regular updates, including weekly reporting
- Ensuring all policies and procedures are in compliance with Company policy for production staff and contractors, as well as legislative and industrial requirements where applicable
- Manage budget tracker for the tour; coordinating approval and processing of all invoices
This position requires an extraordinary ability to manage complex production schedules. To be successful in this role we would expect that you have had a minimum 5 years in production and project management, with responsibility for logistics, finance and relationship management. It is crucial that you have well-developed written and oral communication skills, with the ability to negotiate and interact on key activities and sensitive issues.
For full details and to apply, visit www.michaelcassel.com/recruitment
Apply Now View Position Description Send To a Friend
Michael Cassel Group is seeking to recruit an experienced Company Manager to lead the international tour of the world’s #1 musical, Disney’s The Lion King.
Applicants must be able to commence in Mid to Late November and commit to a run of play contract for the international tour, which begins in Manila in January 2018 and will tour to Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, South Africa and beyond.
To be successful in this challenging and exciting role, you will have experience as a Company Manager or Deputy Company Manager in large scale productions along with international touring experience. You will have had direct responsibility for managing many people and personality types. It is also likely you will have international touring experience and an understanding of the requirements of working with differing cultural expectations.
Your leadership ability will ensure you can provide day-to-day management and support to the cast, crew, orchestra and other production personnel, lifting them to achieve their best work. You will also be able to think on your feet to trouble shoot and resolve a multitude of issues, whilst maintaining a calm and reassuring presence. You must have the temperament to work effectively with children, and you must be able to satisfy each country’s requirements for Working with Children.
You will have the attention to detail to ensure all administration tasks are completed as required, effectively executing payroll, insurance, policies, finance and administration tasks. Managing travel itineraries is an essential part of this role. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Importantly, you will have the presence and maturity to serve as the Producer’s representative in the theatre, embodying the ethos of Michael Cassel Group and Disney at all times.
The Company Manager, working with the Deputy Company Manager, is crucial to the success of the production. As Company Manager, you must be capable of working independently, but you will have the backing and support of industry leaders in our production office based in Sydney.
To apply for this opportunity, please send
- An up to date CV
- A covering letter providing 2 examples of situations which have required you to think on your feet, using effective people management and conflict resolution skills, under time pressure.
Apply Now View Position Description Send To a Friend